I turned 29 last week. TWO-NINE. The last year of my twenties. EEK. Either way, I’m big on birthdays. February is my favorite month because it’s my birthday. I know, selfish, but whatevs. To celebrate my birthday with you, I wanted to share this pretty (and affordable) pearl sweater and few fun facts about me.
I wanted to share a little bit about myself so you know a more about who you’re dealing with here and why I do what I do. I love sharing fashion with you guys, but I also want to share a little bit of who I am with you. Some of my Instagram polls have shown me you all want to see some more personal stuff, so this is the perfect time to share it!
You guys probably know the basics about me: I’m 29, live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and am married to a wonderful man named Sheldon. Here’s a little bit more detail, hope you enjoy. NOTE: I was going to do 29 facts, but that’s just too many, lol. So here’s 10 facts about me.
10 FACTS ABOUT ME
- I’m obsessed with the Bachelor. The obsession began while I was in grad school, and I am ALL IN every season.
- I have a seven year-old Yorkie terrier mix named Monty and he is my baby. I adopted him from a rescue six years ago (read about that story here).
- Growing up, I had a stuffed panda that I had to sleep with every night. Even into college. His name is Pandi Wandi and he still sits in our bedroom (at a safe height so Monty doesn’t eat him).
- My first job was at a gelato shop in the mall.
- I met my husband, Sheldon, when I was 19 and he was 20. We met at a party, and I kissed him and walked away. A little mysterious, right??!
- I was in a sorority in college…Beta Lambda. It’s a “local sorority,” meaning it’s not part of a national chapter and it’s only at the University of Redlands.
- Both of my parents were cops.
- My favorite food is mashed potatoes.
- I’m a licensed physical therapist. To do that, I got by Bachelors in Biology and my Doctorate in Physical Therapy (seven years total).
- I cry easily, mostly during heartwarming Amazon commercials. Sometimes car commercials.
Starting this blog was one of the scariest things I ever did, but I’m so glad I opened up like this. So fun, and I get to be creative again.
Pearl Sweater – SheIn (only $21)
Jeans – Madewell
Boots – Goodnight Macaroon
Bracelets – Pink Beads and White Beads (so perfect for stacking)
Necklaces – Engravable / Black Diamonds / Diamond Initial
I love this pearl sweater. It has the prettiest detail in the back! I also love that it is so easy on the wallet! A great little transitional sweater with super sweet detail to go from winter to spring super easily! I’m also SO OBSESSED with all Madewell jeans, so this black pair is a go-to situation. Finally, the jewelry I linked are some of my most worn pieces of the past month, particularly the super pretty bracelets!
SHOP THE POST
I just shared this look with thredUP in Walnut Creek that you will LOVE. If you’re local, they’re having a super fun Galentine’s event this weekend, so RSVP to come! And with Valentine’s Day next week, check out these romantic ruffles for some outfit inspo.
HAPPY ALMOST FRIDAY!