Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love the barbecues, the sparklers, and above all (literally), the fireworks. Something about the Fourth just makes me feel relaxed and carefree. I remember growing up and watching the fireworks over the ocean in San Diego on our yearly family vacation, and just being so happy. That’s probably why I’m still so in love with this holiday! The only reason it’s not my favorite holiday is because Thanksgiving exists (because, you know, food).
The Fourth of July is such a fun holiday, but it can be tough to dress for. You have to find something festive (but not overdo it), and you have to find something that can go from barbecues poolside to huddling up under a blanket for fireworks. I like to find pieces that I can wear beyond the Fourth of July holiday, so I thought I’d share some of my favorite fashion picks for this year!
I found so many pretty tops and dresses, but I was drawn to anything stars! I’m wearing this super light Show Me Your Mumu sweater this year. It’s perfect for transitioning from hot days to watching fireworks under the stars. I was also feeling a little edgy when I picked this out…kind of a throw back to my days as an emo kid in high school (anyone else used to wear the Volcom sweater and studded belt back in high school?!).
I’m wearing some of my all-time favorite Stella & Dot pieces with this…
- The Double Horn Pendant – such a perfect, classic piece that I wear ALL the time. Great for layering or all on its own.
- The Luna Pendant – Mixed metal that looks so classic and chic, it can literally be worn with any combo of jewelry. So versatile!
- Pave Triangle Path Ear Climber – seriously my best seller. They are so light but have just the right amount of edge for this look.
- Fitz Cuff – a super pretty cuff that I like wearing on its own. Such pretty detail!
- City Slim Clutch (rafia) – perfect for this look and for summer nights out! It’s a little bit dressy, but it’s made out of rafia, giving it some summer vibes.
There are so many fun Fourth of July looks out there! I do LOVE this sweater…it’s so light and soft, but in case you’re looking for something a little different, I rounded up a few of my favorite Fourth of July fashion finds! I prefer a bit more of an understated look on July 4th, so these are mostly all pieces that can be worn multiple times and not just on holidays. My husband, on the other hand, is Googling the most ridiculous America-themed items for his outfit…I mean, he just showed me a shirt with Uncle Sam dabbing if thats more your vibe! LOL!