My level of excitement is THROUGH THE ROOF! I love the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale…and after reading this, you’ll be a believer in it, too. I can just see those Nordstrom bags and packages now (guys, it takes multiple shopping trips to get through this sale). Here are some of my tips and picks for the sale of the year!
So what’s so special about this sale? It includes the new fall collection at discounted prices…so you can get ready for fall starting NOW. And for a basic girl like myself (I love fall, pumpkin spice lattes, and leaves), it’s all I could ever ask for. So everything you are shopping is brand spanking new and on incredible sale.
I do most of my shopping online, so this is my typical set up: leggings and a tee, cozy blankets, and my sweet pup Monty hanging around. It looks like he’s judging my devotion to Nordstrom in this shot, but don’t worry…he got plenty of love and cuddles right after this. Here’s my laptop cover for those of you that are curious, too. I also wanted to share: I don’t wear glasses (I have a pair of reading glasses I should use but I don’t), but these reduce strain from looking at these blue screens all day. They actually work, so I highly recommend them! Mine are Nectar.
Last year, I got some amazing pieces…mostly an amazing, timeless leather jacket. If I could recommend one thing about prepping for this sale: if there is an item you’ve been coveting, look for it here. Especially a beautiful basic that will serve you years to come. I got a great deal on a jacket that retailed for hundreds more a few weeks later. And because it is such a timeless piece, I’ll have it for years. The Nordstrom sale is really the gift that keeps on giving, guys. I also use this sale as an opportunity to purchase trendy pieces at a serious discount (the stuff that I’m not convinced will live to see another season). That way you don’t feel as guilty about buying that uber-trendy item that went out of style in six months. The fashion gods are fickle, guys, and it’s easier to keep up if a sale is involved.
So here are some of my picks for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (starting this week for Early Access, next week for everyone). I clearly had a HARD time narrowing things down, so I separated them into a few different categories!
- BLANKNYC Suede Miniskirt. Sale $64.90, after sale $98. I’ve wanted a leather miniskirt appropriate for fall and booties for awhile, so I’m so excited to find this skirt from a great brand.
- BP. Lace Trim Slipdress. Sale $34.90, after sale $55. I’ve been looking for a slipdress that looks easy-breezy but not too much like neglige, and this might be just the ticket.
- Caslon Twill Peplum Jacket. Sale $49.90, after sale $75. This pretty jacket is adorably deconstructed and also comes in olive and blue.
- FRAME Le Nouveau Split Hem Jeans. Sale $179.90, after sale $269. This denim is perfect for all of the slides I’ll be wearing this fall.
- BP. Lace Trim Satin Camisole. Sale $22.90, after sale $35. Perfect for layering under sweaters. It comes in black and ivory as well.
- Rails Channing Embroidered Military Shirt. Sale $124.90, after sale $188. I’ve been coveting Rails shirts for awhile now, so this just may be my splurge…love the color and the sweet embroidery detail.
- Bernardo Quilted Velvet Bomber Jacket. Sale $89.90, after sale $138. Velvet is huge for this fall, so don’t-mind-if-I-do with this pretty bomber. Also comes in a white/silver hue.
- Halogen Tie Hem Sweater. Sale $49.90, after sale $79. I love this brand, and fall is made for sweaters. I LOVE the tie front of this sweater. It also comes in black, gray, and a pretty wine red.
- Halogen Long Ribbed Cardigan. Sale $59.90, after sale $89. Did I mention I love Halogen? Can’t beat a perfectly beautiful basic like this one.
- Halogen Kick Flare Ankle Pants. Sale $49.90, after sale $79. I love these pants; perfect for work but still, literally, with a little bit of flare.
- Halogen Plaid Topper. Sale $112.90, after sale $169. Such a pretty topper for fall. The three-quarter sleeves are a perfect length!
(Of course they get their own section, I’m shoe obsessed)
- Marc Fisher LTD Arrine Over the Knee Boot. Sale $149.90, after sale $229.95. Such a good deal for a gorgeous over the knee boot, especially when you’re not willing to spend a million dollars for the designer ones.
- Steve Madden Hugh Embellished Mule. Sale $59.90, after sale $89.95. So on-trend with velvet and the mule style, and I’m also loving that it’s called the Hugh (I have to assume named for Hefner).
- Vans Old Skool Sneaker. Sale $39.90, after sale $59.95. As a retired emo kid, I’m still in love with Vans. This sneaker comes in this dove gray and a pretty light pink.
- Vince Camuto Prasata Bootie. Sale $99.90, after sale $149.95. I’ve found myself drawn to perforations in pretty designs…they’re going to be big this fall, so these are perfect and a step beyond the basic black bootie.
- 1.STATE Iddah Perforated Cutaway Bootie. Sale $89.90, after sale $139.95. Again, with the perforations, the details, and the amazing price. This one comes in a tan, brick, and black colors as well.
- Halogen Corbin Slide Loafer. Sale $59.90, after sale $89.95. This minimalist mule is so chic, it’ll be one of those pieces you have for seasons to come.
- Adidas Tubular Viral 2 Sneaker. Sale $74.90, after sale $99.95. Of course pink sneakers, because its always a yes to pink sneakers. Perfect athleisure wear!
- Sam Edelman Raisa Bow Flat. Sale $79.90, after sale $119.95. This beauty comes in eight (eight!) different colors, has pretty studded embellishment on the bow, and is perfectly work appropriate.
- Halogen Jacy Stretch Bootie. Sale $79.90, after sale $119.95. Love this bootie! It’s pull-on, looks so comfortable, and is a perfect staple piece. It also comes in black!
- Dolce Vita Hendrix Studded Sandal. Sale $99.90, after sale $149.95. Beautiful sandal, perfect for fall weddings and the coming holiday parties.
- Vince Camuto Fileana Split Shaft Bootie. Sale $99.90, after sale $149.95. Again, more options with the perforations and cut-out details for more-than-basic fall booties.
- Vince Camuto Karinta Block Heel Bootie. Sale $99.90, after sale $149.95. A great open toe/open back option for those transitional summer to fall months.
- Steve Madden Imitation Pearl Embellished Mule. Sale $59.90, after sale $89.95. I’m for sure purchasing these immediately. Such a pretty mule that is going to be a perfect statement shoe for fall.
- Nike Free Focus Flyknit 2 Bionic Training Shoe. Sale $89.90, after sale $120. A girl’s gotta have her Nikes, and pink Flyknits are ALWAYS the way to go!
Beauty, Bags, & Baubles
- Voluspa Maison Blanc Two-Wick Tin Candle Set. Sale $29.50, after sale $48. I get these every. single. year. because they are AMAZING candles and last forever.
- Rebecca Minkoff Small Love Embroidered Nubuck Crossbody Bag. Sale $183.90, after sale $275. So excited for this neutral bag that is amped up with a little bit of embroidery. If you remember my recent post, I’m a sucker for embroidery!
- lulu dk Love Letters Spinning Initial Necklace. Sale $44.90, after sale $68. Such a pretty necklace. Its a perfect addition to your collection of delicates.
- T3 Featherweight 2 Hair Dryer. Sale $134, after sale $200. So confession: I already own this hair dryer, but had to include it because it is life changing! My hair is so much healthier since I switched to it, so I highly recommend it!
- Kiehl’s Jumbo Creme de Corps with Pump. Sale $52, after sale $75. I’m obsessed with Kiehl’s, and this is a great deal on an amazing body lotion.
- Diptyque Scented Candle Set. Sale $55, after sale $75. Another set of candles I love, perfect for adding some floral scents to the house.
- NARS Fox Dancer Mini Multiples Coffret. Sale $32, after sale $44. This multi-purpose stick can be used for eyes, cheeks, and lips. I am so excited to try these perfect fall shades!
- Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC Velvet Convertible Crossbody Bag. Sale $116.90, after sale $175. This bag is a perfect fall piece: it’s velvet, mini, and beautiful. Great for jeans and a tee or for formal affairs.
- MAC Look in a Box Saint No Angel Mini Lip Kit. Sale $26.50, after sale $40. Such a great deal for these pretty lip colors. So excited to try these out.
- Madewell Paint Stripe Transport Leather Tote. Sale $129.90, after sale $198. Madewell is always good, and their totes are no exception. This tote comes in four different color combinations and is going to transition beautifully from summer to fall.