Happy Sunday Funday! Today on the blog it’s all about these colorful moto leggings! They’re comfy, bright, and fun – a perfect way to start transitioning toward spring (hey, I know it’s early, but it’s never too soon)!
Moto leggings have definitely been around for a couple years, but they are still on trend! This piece is not dying out, so if you don’t have a pair, now is the time! I love this pair from VICI that are unfortunately nearly sold out, but I’m sharing similar ones below! The great thing about a legging with this moto detail is that they are MUCH more acceptable as actual pants. Like, you can wear leggings while going out with your friends. I’m serious…it’s amazing.
I love these burgundy moto leggings, but I wanted to give you all some tips on how to shop for colorful pants. Pants, in particular, are easy to screw up with a pattern or bright color. Done wrong, it can make for an unflattering look. I’m here with tips to AVOID that!
TIPS FOR COLORFUL OR PATTERNED PANTS
- Always pick more neutral, timeless colors versus ultra-bright colors. My favorites are burgundy (like the ones I’m wearing), olive, or navy.
- If you want to go pastel, make sure it is a muted version. I had a pair of super light blue leggings that were almost white…those I could get away with, but I still prefer the darker neutrals I talked about above.
- Detail is KEY. Moto leggings are amazing because that moto detail elevates them above being just loungewear.
- Patterns or nah?! Patterns can be treacherous! My rules are, if you are going to do a patterned pant, they should’t be a legging. I know, can be a controversial opinion. A patterned pant is better in a slack or cropped version versus a full on legging.
- Pattern selection: should always be a small, repetitive pattern like polka dots or checks. Once patterns start getting big, they start making the wearer look kind of big too. If there are large accents to the pattern, they should be spaced out…I’ve got examples below!
MOTO LEGGINGS & PONCHO
Back to these moto leggings. Like I said, this exact pair is almost sold out, but I’ve found a couple other AMAZING options for you that I’ve linked below! I also wanted to touch on how to style colorful pants.
First off, it’s important to keep everything else super simple. That’s why I went with a white tee and basic poncho. This tee is one of my favorites — it’s BP from Nordstrom and comes in a bunch of colors. I sized down to an XS for reference…runs BIG. This poncho is BB Dakota that I got from my FabFitFun box. It also comes in a burgundy striped combo and a light charcoal version. This poncho is so soft and so versatile, it’s perfect for transitioning into spring.
I’m still obsessed with these fuzzy mules and will be for the rest of winter. They are just so darn cozy! I’m also wearing my favorite horn necklace that is both silver and gold…super versatile and can be worn with almost any other accessory!
MY PICKS FOR MOTO LEGGINGS
MY PICKS FOR PATTERNED PANTS
SO excited for the next month on the blog! I’ve done some Instagram polls and found out that you all really want to see more lifestyle and beauty content on the blog, so I’m working on bringing that all to you!
Catch up on the blog, including this post about my new favorite subscription box: Yoga Club! Seriously the cutest name=brand workout clothes at a fraction of the cost! I also shared this crazy popular leopard print cardigan! There’s also a little more time to enter the giveaway for a FREE teeth whitening kit on the blog about Smile Brilliant Teeth Whitening.