Happy first day of February! Can you believe it? Since it’s the month of love, I’ve already shown off this amazing ruffled Valentine’s day look on the blog, but now we have to look to a more pressing minor holiday – Super Bowl Sunday! In honor of the big game, I’m sharing this varsity tee as part of a cute and chic game day look. Plus, I’m giving you my game day ESSENTIAL checklist for a fun and smooth Super Bowl Sunday!
Now, I’ll be honest…I’m not that excited about the Super Bowl. First of all, the Super Bowl and I have a strained relationship. It always lands right around my birthday, and I don’t like sharing. I’m only half kidding.
Second, I HONESTLY don’t care who wins. Like at all. My knee jerk is to root for the underdogs, but I really am like eh about the whole thing.
You’re probably thinking HEY. If you don’t care about the big game, then WTF is this post? Super bowl Sunday, though it tries to steal my birthday week from me (PS, yes it’s a week long thing), offers some perks. A big one this year is the halftime show…Justin Timberlake, please save the Super Bowl. I’m SO excited for his performance…though I don’t think anything will live up to Beyonce + Destiny’s Child Super Bowl performance a few years back, I hope this comes close!
And don’t forget the commercials! I love them. There will be a Budweiser commercial that probably makes me cry (they’re always so sappy, and so am I). And there will be a ton of ridiculous commercials and celebrity cameos – that should be fun. I have a cute story about Super Bowl commercials: they’re the reason I got my sweet pup Monty! Do you remember the “Here We Go” dog commercials for Bud Light a few years back? Well I was enamored with the dog in the commercial, and did some research and found out that the dog was from a rescue that was literally ONE MILE from my house. Seven days later, Sheldon and I found ourselves at Tony La Russa’s Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF), and I had myself a perfect rescue pup! That was SIX YEARS AGO and I can’t imagine my life without this weird, adorable little creature. The moral of the story? Super Bowl commercials can change lives.
We got pretty deep right there, so I’ll just get right to sharing my ESSENTIAL GAME DAY CHECKLIST…important for those who do and don’t give a crap about the game AND for those who just don’t have much time to put something together:
- SALTY FOOD: I love these spicy pretzels from my sister-in-law’s blog. They’re actually a take on a family recipe of mine that she updated to make even better! Guys, these are ADDICTING. Make many batches, they will be gone fast.
- SWEET: I always need sweets when I’m snacking. M&M’s are great for a crowd.
- HEALTHY: Veggie platter and fruit platter. I’m sure that will counteract the first two suggestions.
- MEATY: Sheldon would kill me if I didn’t recommend a slow cooker meatball recipe. Always a crowd pleaser.
- BEER: Duh.
- CHAMPAGNE: Double duh. If you’re new around here, know that champagne is always my recommendation for any event.
- PHONE CHARGER: For if you get bored and want to Insta story your fave commercials (follow my Instagram because you know I’ll be doing that).
VARSITY TEE AND SNEAKERS
Treasure & Bond Tee – comes in like eight colors! So comfy!
BLANKNYC Jeans – similar HERE and HERE
Blush Swoop Nikes – nearly sold out, but very similar HERE and HERE
Engravable Necklace / Covet Initial Necklace / Covet Abundance Necklace
SHOP THE POST
Sign up for emails to get each post delivered to your inbox and let me know if there is anything you want to see on the blog! I’m working on a lot of new types of content, from my beauty routine to some lifestyle and wellness posts, and I am so excited to share all of that with you! For now, look back on this knit cardigan that is perfect for temperatures warming up!